New Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadoHawk

Reaction score
I am in the market to pick up three new kegs. I am going with new because I am disgusted with the quality of the used kegs I have seen in homebrew shops (extreme cracks and rust).

I was going to go with cheaper new kegs, but heard horror stories about the Chinese ones where the "stainless steel" would rust only after two batches of beer. I think these were labeled as Kegco.

I am looking to go for the AEB brand because I would rather spend a little extra now and not have to worry about quality issues in the future...plus, I like the single handle version over the rubber handle.

That being said, they aren't inexpensive. Even though this product is from China, it also appears that every homebrew site in America has been selling the Chinese versions instead of the Italian kegs. Are these quality comparable to AEB or should I stick with looking for AEB (I found them for 100 dollars a piece before shipping @ a flat rate of 8 dollars from Keg Connection).

One of the kegs from China

http://www.homebrewing.org/AIH-New-5-Gallon-Corny-Keg-Ball-Lock_p_5100.html?AffId=160

I bought a couple of the AIH kegs you linked to earlier this year, and I am happy with them. One thing I never thought about with the dual rubber handle is I let the kegs sit upside down on paper towels to drain after cleaning/rinsing and they stand on their own. Thats a big deal to me since I typically clean two kegs at a time, all I have to do is flip them over after rinsing and I know all I need to do is sanitize when the time comes...

Might change my mind from AEB as I haven't heard bad things from these kegs.

Edit: nevermind. they went OOS

I have two of the Italian made AEBs and they've been great. I won the first one in a raffle and then bought the second one from Keg Connection. No problems with them at all. I've read about the problems with the Chinese made ones also. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk.

I have a friend who got 3 of the kegs from AiH and they're just fine. He did have to send one back though because of a couple rust spots...kind of strange. But AiH gladly took it back and replaced it. Even paid for shipping I believe. As far as I know, they've been working out great for him. I think anything that is NSF safe, I'd trust.

Back