Blowoff, what to do now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbegley

Reaction score
I brewed a batch of the Haus Pale Ale. Had it in the primary for a week, then transfered to a 6.5 gal carboy. That was about two weeks ago. I emptied a keg tonight and decided to transfer the Haus Pale Ale into it. However, when I went to check on it, there wasn't an airlock on it. It had obviously blown it off at some point. I brewed last weekend and went into that closet and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. However, I can't imagine that it blew off the airlock 3 weeks after it was started.

What should I do? I'm half tempted to just transfer it into the keg anyway and see what happens. What would you suggest? Keg it? Dump it out?

Sorry for the long post, any words of wisdom you can give me are welcomed.

Thanks!

thanks, but, by the time they get to Omaha, I can have them carbonated and watching football this weekend :mug:

If it has finished fermentation, you have your buddy alcohol warding off any nasties (to some extent, anyway).

I agree. Smell, taste, and if you don't barf up a lung, keg that *****.

Back