Salutations from the Lone Star State

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_cad

Reaction score
I am new to this site so I thought it was time for an introduction. I am really doing research right now because I have yet to brew anything. I have spent the last few months working on a kitchen remodel so my homebrewing start was delayed. I have purchased some of the beginner equipment and I am currently making a list of other equipment I would like, but do not absolutely need. I like to tinker and build stuff so I am sure I will really like the creativity involved in building a home brewery. I am a technical person (highway/bridge designer) so I like solving problems and laying out solutions. I also have a cool connection for parts. My dad has worked at Coca-Cola for 40 years and he is in charge of the shop that repairs fountain machines/dispensers. He told me they phased out all the soda kegs and he can get me as many as I need along with connections and O-rings. He also found me some unused chiller plates which I am sure I will put to use somehow. He loves beer and he is so ready for me to get started I am sure with his knowledge of kegs, carbonation, and refrigeration we are gonna have a hell of a good time blowing up my neighborhood.

Wow, sounds like a great background for beer making! You're going to get all the kegging equipment you need it seems :p
Right on man, you're going to love this hobby to death, and I hope you have your prenup setup if your wife doesn't like beer.

Back