Better spigot for bottling bucket.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmiser

BrewMiser
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a spigot that can be taken apart to be cleaned? I normally just but cleaner in my bottling bucket & run it thru the spigot but I took it off today to find some crap stuck in mine. With no real good way to get in there & clean it. I can only take the little red tap off of the outside of mine. I have it soaking now in some starsan but sure would be nice if it came apart. Normally this is no big deal but I was out of primaries & used my bottling bucket for my dunkelweizen.

If you Starsan it that just means you have sanitized 'crap'. I did a quick search and did not come up with any replacement valves. My bottling bucket has a hole drilled in it and I used a weldless bulkhead fitting with a ball valve all stainless steel.

If you Starsan it that just means you have sanitized 'crap'.

Yes, I know... It soften up the crap enough to where I could get the crap out with a paper towel wrapped around a screwdriver.... The I stuck back in some more starsan. Is it ez to clean yours?

Back