Heat Shield Ideas???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtrevino

Reaction score
I now have a cnc plasma and Ive been thinking of making some heat shields that Ill offer to my customers. If anyone out there has any good ideas for a design let me know. If I like what you have come up with Ill cut some for you to try and I only ask that you provide me with feedback on how well they are working for you.

Keggle skirt, sight glass, thermometers, temp probes, etc. With the cnc plasma any flat work is possible.

how about a pump shield for heat and/or liquids? I could use three for my pumps : ) With lots of liquids potentially spilling about we all want to keep our investment in 110v equipment intact. I'm currently getting my with plywood but i'd like to bling it up (no sense in lying about it) to make it match the rest of my stand.

really rough diagram attached, it would be just a piece of sheet metal that could attach on to the vertical output of a march 809 or chugger pump. Curved would be nice to allow liquids to flow off, but that could make shipping bulky so buyers may be able to do that on their own.

I've been thinking of this for a while now, i just don't have a way to nicely cut SS sheet.

pump-cover.jpg

We're going to be selling these soon as a bolt-on. We have them waterjet because they're stainless steel.
P1040080.jpg

Back