What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having a Heavy Seas Marzen and water, lots and lots and lots of water because of the ridiculously over the top happy hour I had last night where we drank the following:

Saison Dupont Dry Hop

Brasserie Trois Dames L'Amoureuse No. 2 Rouge*

Oxbow Sasuga

Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus

Drie Fonteinen Kriek

Union 1895 BarleyWeisse

Schlenkerla Helles

Ballast Point Big Eye

Gigantic City Never Sleeps

Evolution Exile

Local Option Dampf Loc

Alesmith Anvil

Gigantic End of Reason

Fullsteam First Frost

Vivant FarmHand French Saison

Old Forge Overbite

That's an impressive list.

I'm out on the deck finishing up smoking some ribs. Applewood smells so damn good. Drinking a allagash black, I'd snap a pic but my phone battery is too dead to use the flash.

I'm having a Heavy Seas Marzen and water, lots and lots and lots of water because of the ridiculously over the top happy hour I had last night where we drank the following:

Saison Dupont Dry Hop

Brasserie Trois Dames L'Amoureuse No. 2 Rouge*

Oxbow Sasuga

Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus

Drie Fonteinen Kriek

Union 1895 BarleyWeisse

Schlenkerla Helles

Ballast Point Big Eye

Gigantic City Never Sleeps

Evolution Exile

Local Option Dampf Loc

Alesmith Anvil

Gigantic End of Reason

Fullsteam First Frost

Vivant FarmHand French Saison

Old Forge Overbite

I had a bit of a hangover by the time I got the end of the list. :drunk:

DisturbdChemist said:
I know the numbers do not match but who cares.

Any age on that? If so, I'm curious how it is. I have a couple bottles downstairs.

Edit: Hey Genius, there's a year printed on the label!

image-2533898855.jpg

Checking on my Chocolate Rye Stout (1lb chocolate rye malt in a 2.5g batch), it checks in at 7.9% abv. Brewed this on 12/24, used a 4g water bottle, racked after a month to my mr beer keg. Sat it on the shelf in my fermentation chamber for 2 months and forgot about it, so it was cold crashed a few times. It came out really well, all things considered. The rest will stay in the closet until winter.

Falconer's Flight IPA from AHS. It was ready to drink in Feb. A bit foamy at first, but not bad taste wise. I've got a sixer or so left.

I'm out on the deck finishing up smoking some ribs. Applewood smells so damn good. Drinking a allagash black, I'd snap a pic but my phone battery is too dead to use the flash.

Do you take all your pics on your phone?

nukebrewer said:
Went to a local beer bar with the wife and had an All Day IPA, Brooklyn Blast!, Saison Diego and a Founder's Porter (form of beer float). The Brooklyn Blast was mostly bitter, tiny amount of hop flavor and almost zero aroma. The Porter float was good, but there was hardly any ice cream, so that sucked. No I am home another float with plenty of ice cream and Hooker Chocolate Truffle Stout.

Must have been something off with that keg of Blast! Every time I've had it I've found it somewhat the opposite. Lots of flavor not much bitterness

My attempt at Anchorage Galaxy clone. Not a sour, but didnt feel like breaking the $1/oz barrier tonight.

image-1020668319.jpg

And some really, really stinky cheese. Hesitant to buy it stinky, but I've really enjoyed everything else from this cheesemaker so I did. Perfect for some really funky beer.

DisturbdChemist said:
Now for something hoppy and resiny. Sixpoint resin

I enjoyed one of those tonight. Loved it, then moved on to a 3beans.

Have yet to find anything by Sixpoint that sux.

I'll keep looking...

DisturbdChemist said:
Same here. Im not too picky with beer. If there is no obvious flaw. I enjoy them. There is a few sixpoint i haven't try yet

Sounds like you're pretty picky w your ketchup though :)

DisturbdChemist said:
Its whataburger spicy ketchup or nothing. If you haven't tried this ketchup your missing out. Ill throw it in some trades

This northern boy has no idea what Whataburger is. Never even heard of it. I mean until you guys started drooling about it! I now must know what is so special about this ketchup. I got to set up a trade with one of you guys for a bottle of this infamous ketchup...

coldcrash said:
Ketchup can't be that d mn good.

I mean I like ketchup but come on.

I've never had it but spicy ketchup in general is just a whole wonderous new world

Back