Thanksgiving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haighter

Reaction score
Are you all as excited as I am that the batches we're brewing around now will likely be ready to go by Thanksgiving?

I can't think of a better time of year to crack open those first brews and share them with friends and family. Something about the cool fall weather and a cold-yet-warming beer puts me at ease.

For sure. I was just thinking about this today. Washing down too much food with too much homebrew. Add football into that equation and that's why I love Thanksgiving the most.

Not to mention that it falls on my birthday this year as well.

I have been planning my last two, and my next two beers around thanksgiving and christmas! Nothing brings a little holiday cheer like some homebrew!

What kind of brews are you guys making to celebrate the holiday? I'm looking in to doing something pretty simple, perhaps an Autumn Ale. Most of my family isn't 'enlightened' on beers yet, so I can't make it too wild.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for thanksgiving. I have a RIS that I brewed in early Feb that is for the winter and my Moose Drool clone should be good by thanksgiving too.

What kind of brews are you guys making to celebrate the holiday? I'm looking in to doing something pretty simple, perhaps an Autumn Ale. Most of my family isn't 'enlightened' on beers yet, so I can't make it too wild.

I just brewed my first, a west coast IPA. Wasn't thinking Thanksgiving when I brewed it (would probably have done something more "autumn"). But just looking at my brew calendar and the first bottle will be ready to open exactly on Thanksgiving...not too bad, eh?

I'm sure I will be bringing a keg or 2 to Thanksgiving. Gotta love family get-togethers.

I have a Keg of Hard Cider that I did just for my in-laws annual Thanksgiving Day Open House. We are also serving a Pumkin Ale that our freinds brewpub made. Gotta Love The Holidays!!!

I am really hoping my pumpkin ale will make it to Thanksgiving. I will save a 6 pack for myself at least. But I am brewing a AHS chocolate holiday stout this weekend that will be ready the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I will have a version of ThuderStruck Pumpkin Ale, Raspberry Cream Ale, and maybe some Cyser, if it's ready.

Latest posts

Back