Hmm, I may get hooked up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just talked to a buddy of mine about coming over to help (watch and drink) me brew tomorrow. He asked if I would like to have someone grow hops for me.
I was like "umm, sure".. His Brother-in-law used to brew but does not anymore but he does own some big azz green houses. One of the largest around here. Joe (the BIL) told Mike (my buddy) that he has been thinking of farming hops in one of the houses and wanted to know if I would want him to grow some for me.

After the problem I had yesterday with not being able to get the hops I wanted I was like "HELL YES"...
We will see if this pans out. :rockin:

Plan on frequent visits to train the bine on a horizontal trellis. Otherwise, the hops will climb to the roof and latch onto the frame.

david_42 said:
Plan on frequent visits to train the bine on a horizontal trellis. Otherwise, the hops will climb to the roof and latch onto the frame.

He knows what he's doing. I did not talk to him today but my buddy did while we were brewing. He's going to look into what hops are the largest demand and where to get the seeds, and what they need to grow (like water, temp and so on)
I don't know jack, he's the one that grows stuff I just brew and drink it. :D

Back