Noob question about temperature in kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bots444

Reaction score
Hi guys, This is my first post on here, so if this is in the wrong forum please let me know. I just purchased an Edgestar dual faucet kegerator. The particular model that I bought does not have a temperature readout on the outside of the unit. I am looking for a cheap, possible LED readout that i can just mount on the outside of the unit and stick the temp probe inside the refrigerator. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks a lot!

If you want it to control the temperature as well then look up the thread here called "ebay aquarium temp controller".

I don't really want to control the temperature at this point. The kegs seem to be cold enough. I just want to see the temperature inside the chest for now

Just buy a cheap oven/BBQ digital temp with a probe and stick it in a glass of water inside the keggerator then. The wire is thin enough to pass through the door seal probably so no hole drilling required.

i just bought a cheap thermometer and put it inside. then i adjusted the temp up or down to get 38 degrees. done.

You can get an outdoor / indoor weather gauge. Usually they have a temp sensor on a 5-10 foot wire lead. Shouldn't be more than 10 or 15 bucks.

You can get an outdoor / indoor weather gauge. Usually they have a temp sensor on a 5-10 foot wire lead. Shouldn't be more than 10 or 15 bucks.

+1 You can also find wireless versions of the indoor/outdoor thermometers. These are nice as there is no wire lead. They are surprisingly accurate as well. Usually you can find them for about $10 or so if you keep your eyes open. I think I have about six of them in use right now.

Back