Brewing With Briess ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoReel

Reaction score
If I brew beer per these instructions ... using Briess extracts ... how will my beer turn out?

http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/Homebrewing/Extract_Brewing_Basics.htm

I am a newbie brewer ... and have decided I want to use Briess after reading on their website. Seems like they have quite an operation for producing extracts and many other products.

I also read about not boiling extracts as they have already been boiled once ... but I only see that Briess states they "condense" the wort ... not boil it. I assume it can be condensed without boiling?

Anyway ... just curious if this is a waste of time ... or if good beer can really be this simple ...

Thanks

Tim

You do boil it. If you're using prehopped LME with some DME it's still recommended to boil the dme to sanitize it, just to be safe. But in that event you wouldn't need to boil it for 60 minutes like a typical recipe, just 10 minutes or so is fine.
And yes, it's easy to make excellent beer and Briess malts are great.

Rev.

Latest posts

Back