Brewing Water Test + Lead Test?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlantic

Reaction score
I'd like to get a test done on my tap water for brewing, and while I'm doing it I thought I may as well get it checked for lead. The overall water utility report is OK on lead, but I live in an older house so who knows what's going on with the pipes.

Does anyone know if Ward Labs brewing water reports usually include anything on lead? The samples I've seen online suggest it's not normally included. If not, does anyone know if you can add it to the report for a small fee?

Or is there another place I can look that will do a combined brewing water report and a lead test?

Lead testing is a bit tricky and has to be done in special labs with special equipment neither of which is contaminated by lead which is everywhere. I don't think Ward Labs offers a lead test but there are labs that do. Check the yellow pages. I'm guessing it's going to cost you a few bucks.

Back