Need help understanding recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you made beer, so congrats!

i also think (since you're going off the deep end here) that you may want to consider building a mash tun. i watched a lot of youtube videos and there's some really informative stuff out there, it's actually pretty easy. don't beat yourself up too much, i still learn every time i brew, i think you're doing something wrong if you don't.

Just an update:

I racked this to secondary. It come out to about 3% ABV. It is still really bitter, but I've had plenty of the really hoppy beers that have a similar profile. It isn't something I care for a lot but it is beer. Going to let it try to mellow out a bit in the secondary and see what happens.

In the mean time I bought an MLT and brewed the SWMBO Slayer. This seemed to go much better, although I still missed the OG by a bit. It should have been 1.057 and I got 1.044. I'm unsure if this is because I swapped two of the grains with similar grains of if I steeped it a bit wrong.

Anyway, thanks for all the help with this one guys! I've learned a lot from this process and I think it will go far better from now on.

Happy Brewing!

Back