Scored a keg system, few questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djinn88

Reaction score
The best deal ever! 2 pin lock Cornies, 10# CO2 tank with a regulator, and I guess what would be called a "Jockey" cooler. I dunno, it's a cooler with coiled copper and a tap that you fill with ice. I'm probably not going to use that unless there is some type of odd occasion where I need to have a mobile keg. Anyway, all of this was free. It sat with both kegs filled with some type of 2-3 year old beer in them and the copper line in the cooler. The stuff smelled terrible, so regardless of the status of the o-rings I want to replace them and start fresh.

Questions:
1. Can I use o-rings that I have from an assortment kit I have in my garage? Is there some special material needed? Also, the red o-ring on the poppets, is that just a standard o-ring as well?

2. Are there any special concerns with cleaning everything? Seeing as it had some nasty beer in it for such a long time I would think that there might be something extra to do (aside from changing potentially undamaged o-rings).

Dip Tube O-Rings
5/16" ID x 1/2"OD x 3/32" width
9452K172 BunaN #109
Pkg 100/$1.89 (yes, these are the same ones the shops sell for fifty cents EACH.)

Post O-Rings
7/16" ID x 5/8" OD x 3/32" width
9452K23 BunaN #111
Pkg 100/$2.15

Lid O-Rings
3 1/2" ID x 4" OD x 1/4" width
9452K218 BunaN #417
Pkg 10/$12.50

red orings are standard.

Check out the sticky kegging faq's for cleaning. Just be thorough and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the specs! I did a bunch of searching just to find out what the difference in pin and ball locks was. If run of the mill O-rings work then I am already set! Gotta yank those posts off and get to cleaning now.

Back