Find Craft Beer - My first iPhone App

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiB57

Reaction score
So my first iPhone App was approved by Apple. It's called Find Craft Beer and it uses the beermapping.com data to find breweries, brewpubs, beer bars, beer stores and homebrew shops within a radius of your current location (using the GPS.) You can also put in a city or zip to be the center point of your search.

Anyway, it's a 99c app, and if you try it out, I'd be interested in any feedback. Search Find Craft Beer on the app store or iTunes Link

I don't think I need to download the app. I live a mile from the Cupertino BJ's, so everything in your screenshots is within my vicinity :D

This may actually be the first app I buy though. But first I need to know, does it just tell you where to buy beer, or does it tell you what's on tap/whats available to buy? My problem isn't finding places that sell beer, it's finding the ones that have specifically what I'm looking for.

The app just tells you where you can get a craft beer, not what's on tap. It's pretty much a location aware, mobile version of beermapping.com and the data that I have available is what is on that site. However, most locations DO have a link to their webpage on the beermapping.com site, which you can get to from the Read Reviews/More Information button and sometimes the websites will tell you what is on tap.

It is getting great feedback so far, which I love. Beerinator over at beermapping even made a blog post about it, which is just outstanding.

Oh, the Cupertino location is the default location in the simulator since the iPhone simulator always thinks you're in Apple headquarters. That was a little bit weird when I first started trying it :)

Back