Blichmann thermometer inaccurate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubujone35

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just recently purchased a 10-gal Blichmann boilermaker. I am just now in the process of using it for the first time and I am having some difficulty.

Currently the thermometer is reading 180 degrees; however, it the actual water temperature does not appear to be that (from personal experience).

So, to verify the temperature, I checked manually with two other thermometers. My digital thermometer reads roughly 135 degrees. My lab thermometer also has the same reading of 135 degrees.

Has anyone else had this issue with a blichmann thermometer? Is there a way to fix this? I am frustrated as I spent a pretty penny on this piece of gear and now it appears as though the thermometer is WAY off what the actual water temperature is.

Any input or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

If you look at the back of the thermometer, you'll find a hex head that you can turn to calibrate your Brewmometer.

Note that if you re-position the face angle you'll need to reset the calibration...

Cheers!

Back