Now this is a beautiful sight...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Freshly filled with my Krisper Koslch.

Is there anything more satisfying than the sight of a freshly filled keg?

note: the handles are not as dirty as they appear....really...they're not...
Filled_Keg.JPG

BierMuncher said:
Nah,

Just a well used vynil hose that has turned opaque with time...

Need to replace that thing I guess.

mine all do this the first time I throw em in a pot of boiling water.

homebrewer_99 said:
I just killed my first keg last night...Irish Red. It was delicious.

Second keg (Cali Steam) is over half empty.

I have to admit that I think I drink more with the keg than bottles.:eek:
I'm glad to hear you say that. I thought it was just me. Must be the lack of a "barrier" that exists with openning a bottle.

My SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde went surprisingly fast. I'm working my way to 10-gallon batches so maybe that will help me build up my pipeline.

Ol' Grog said:
That's pretty full. It is below the gas fill tube, right???

Just barely, but yes.

Looks awsome. I kegged my Kölsch last week. Man does that ferment out dry. Mine was 1.006 and it was very tasty. I persuaded SWMBO to taste from the hydrometer jar and she was impressed. I'm waiting two months before I tap it though. Time to brew another one.

homebrewer_99 said:
I have to admit that I think I drink more with the keg than bottles.:eek:

Agreed.

At first quick glance I thought that hose was a long wooden spoon. I almost shouted, "What the hell are you doing!?!?"

that does seem pretty cloudy and dark for a kolsch, but who the hell cares if it tastes good!?

drouillp said:
Agreed.

At first quick glance I thought that hose was a long wooden spoon. I almost shouted, "What the hell are you doing!?!?"

that does seem pretty cloudy and dark for a kolsch, but who the hell cares if it tastes good!?
Yeah. It's the exposure. It's actually very light and with a week or two at 40 degrees, it should settle out nicely. My last batch was crystal clear.

I'll snap a pic of the finished product.

Back