New Jockey Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lustreking

Reaction score
A while ago I built a jockey box with an 80ft coil of 1/4" stainless tubing. It worked fine, but could only serve one beer at a time, and I really had to crank the serving pressure up, which could result in over carbing if I left it for a day. I saw a good deal on a plate chiller on ebay and bought that. Last weekend we had a big family reunion, and I decided I wanted to bring beer. So I brewed 3 different beers and started ordering all the parts I needed. I upgraded my kegerator faucets to forward sealing perlicks, and moved the old ones to the jockey box.

Behold: Triple jockey box!
outside.jpg

The heart of the beast.
inside.jpg

It's a six pass cold plate, that I'm curently only using 3 passes. You can see that I have some short jumper hoses that, if it doesn't get cold enough through a single pass, I can run each beer through two passes.

It worked great! The kegs were cold to begin with, but were not refrigerated for the 8 hours or so we were at the reunion. The beer was served nice and cold, and I didn't need to use the jumpers.

I got a good pour running this around 17-18psi, while my coil jockey box I had to run at over 30psi

-S

Back