Carboy Level/Calibration Sticker Prototype

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting ready to order up the refractometer you sell... Planning on getting those stickers at the same time... :D

Any chance you can get a refractometer with a higher range? I make mead, where the OG can be over 1.150... Also planning on a barleywine where the OG will be over 1.120... The model refractometer you offer stops at 1.120...

Since I really have to buy in quantity, I had to go with a range that 90% of people would want. I don't know if this is an acceptable workaround but you can use a syringe to collect a 1ml sample of must, then pull in another 1ml of water, shake and drip on the lense. Read the brix and then double it.

I just got a report of someone having trouble with a layer of the blue backing coming up (sticking to) the vinyl when lifting it with the masking. Did anyone else have this trouble? I'm trying to find out if it's isolated or not. I think it may have been from a small batch where I had the cutting pressure a touch too high and the blade scored the backing too much. Let me know.

I received mine at the end of last week, but haven't had a chance to install them yet. If I have any issues i'll let you know.

Custom Stickers Too!
I love it.
Thanks Bobby.

RDWHAHB_02.jpg

RDWHAHB_03.jpg

The part I was least happy with was the paw prints. Going from hand sketch to cut-able vector is hit or miss. You should have heard the plotter running as it tried to follow the imperfect circles/lines. Those tiny pieces may fall off after weathering for a while, but I don't think it will detract from the logo too much. In any case, I enjoyed working on it. Those black ones were my test cuts so I figured you could put them on a fridge or keg somewhere.

There's a story behind that graphic. It’s not a hand sketch per se. My wife was taking lessons from a local artist. She and her husband enjoyed craft beers, so I would send bottles to the studio with my wife. They were actually good at giving constructive critiques.

The instructor surprised me, returning the favor by taking one of my crude cut-and-past labels, redesigning the artwork and carving it into a piece of 6 x 8 inch linoleum that could be used with ink or paint to transfer the image onto paper or anything else. The file I sent you was scanned from one of those paper transfers.

I appreciate the extras. We like taking beer to BYO restaurants. A growler customized with one of these stickers would be impressive.

Back