Just doughed in my first all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBLbrewer

Reaction score
Here we go! I just doughed in and thanks to Beersmith, I hit my mash in temp of 52 degrees right on the nose.:rockin:

Oops! 152 degrees. I'm making an Austin Homebrew Supply Dry Stout. I'm done now. took me a little over 5 hours from start to clean up. It was a great learning experience. I underestimated the dead space in my mashtun, and the boil off rate of my keggle. I ended up haveing to add two quarts of water to bring it up to the 5 gallon mark. If I figured right, my efficiency is at 66%. Room for improvement.

Oops! 152 degrees. I'm making an Austin Homebrew Supply Dry Stout. I'm done now. took me a little over 5 hours from start to clean up. It was a great learning experience. I underestimated the dead space in my mashtun, and the boil off rate of my keggle. I ended up haveing to add two quarts of water to bring it up to the 5 gallon mark. If I figured right, my efficiency is at 66%. Room for improvement.

Sounds like a good day overall! I ended up brewing an APA, using some of my homegrown cascade hops.

Each time you do it, it'll go a bit faster and easier, and it'll become more routine for you. Dry stout sounds good!

Sounds like a good day overall! I ended up brewing an APA, using some of my homegrown cascade hops.

Each time you do it, it'll go a bit faster and easier, and it'll become more routine for you. Dry stout sounds good!

I'm hopeing to buy some rizomes and get my own homegrown for my homebrew started. It took longer then extract, but I found it more relaxing. That was until the wort stopped running into the fermenter at the 4.5 gallon mark. But after a few explatives, I just added two quarts of water and reminded myself that this is my beer and i'm the only one that has to approve of it (oh yeah the wife too.).

Latest posts

Back