4th Generation IL Bootlegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inhifistereo

Reaction score
My name is David and I've been brewing since I as 4 years old. Just stumbled upon this web site a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get more in depth and do some all-grain brewing. And to think, I got a C in my college chemistry class.

Welcome! There's a pretty large group of guys from Illinois (especially wester/southwestern suburbs). Where in Illinois?

Definitely a Redbird. Only way to go.

Do I have any questions? Sure, how does everyone here find time to drink all the beer they make?

I seriously have troubles drinking all of my small 5 gallon batches let alone 20 gallon behemoths.

inhifistereo said:
Damn straight!:rockin:

inhifistereo said:
Do I have any questions? Sure, how does everyone here find time to drink all the beer they make? ...

You mean your friends don't drink beer? Usually the words "Wanna Beer?" do the trick for me. And my SWMBO loves beer, too.

inhifistereo said:

Do I have any questions? Sure, how does everyone here find time to drink all the beer they make?

I seriously have troubles drinking all of my small 5 gallon batches let alone 20 gallon behemoths.

When there is a will ... there is a way.

P.S.- if you ever need help drinking all that beer, Rhoobarb and I will jump on that granade. Just ship them on up here.

Hmm, maybe this dilemma is a blessing in disguise. I guess I'll just need to start kegging my beer instead of bottling it. Sound like a good idea?

inhifistereo said:
... I guess I'll just need to start kegging my beer instead of bottling it. Sound like a good idea?
Yes, it does. I began kegging ~3 months ago and it is great!

Wooo Hoo!! another B/N resident!!! Welcome to the area, and to homebrewtalk!

ISU is the ONLY place to go (no offense to any other schools . . . well except U of I, but that's an entirely different thread altogether).

At least now I know I have some local people to off load my sub-par tries at all-grain.

inhifistereo said:
ISU is the ONLY place to go (no offense to any other schools . . . well except U of I, but that's an entirely different thread altogether).

At least now I know I have some local people to off load my sub-par tries at all-grain.

I'm down! haha :mug:

MrShake said:
Wooo Hoo!! another B/N resident!!! Welcome to the area, and to homebrewtalk!

Thanks! I'm having fun soo far! Maybe I'll cya round the bars... My buddies and I play darts and drink crap beer on the weekends! We save the good stuff for only us! :ban:

We actually need a Central Illinois HBT get together there are like at least 20 of us on here now.

Doesn't the peoria riverfront host a beer festival thing in the summer?? That would be a cool place to meet!! Go to a restaraunt downtown and then head over to "sip" our troubles away!

inhifistereo said:

Where do I go to pick up my share?

I'll probably have the equipment needed to brew my first batch of all-grain in about a week or two, which would place it sometime in the mid to late May range I would guess. My latest extract (Honey Amber) went into bottles on Tuesday.

You ever go to the ABNormal Brewers meetings? Some might be ready by the next meeting.

inhifistereo said:
Lots . . .

You can find the Peoria Beer festival link here:
http://www.jaycees.com/projects/ibf/ibf.htm

Wow, we should make it a plan and see how many people we can get together there. Maybe a small beer swap in a parking lot prior to.

And I don't know what you have against us... cause I'm thinking it can't be a sports thing - we don't really compete against each other.
I know I have a few things, I'll not mention here... just policies and such that I think are dumb, but such is life.

My younger brother is going to ISU next fall though.

I also have trouble floating kegs. It doesn't help that 95% of my friends are homebrewers and most of them brew more than I do. The kegger & conditioning cabinet are full & I can't brew until one floats.

I was born in Crete, IL. Great place to be a kid, bad place to be a teenager. Even NJ was an improvement.

Back