What Are You Brewing Today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillandCo

Reaction score
Haven't seen A thread like this so Im posting it...

I just brewed 11 gallons of my Honey Blonde...split into 2 gallons both pitched over yeast cake with WLP002, and WLP026, Left over from the Pumpkin Ale

One might get a fruit addition after primary...

I should have labeled this thread what have you brewed today since I finished already...O well

Brewed a saison with yeast i cultured from the retired Boulevard saison. I have no clue what strain they use (they never emailed me back when i asked), so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. It was bubbling within an hour of pitching, and after about 8 hours krausen was overflowing from the airlock!

Brewed a saison with yeast i cultured from the retired Boulevard saison. I have no clue what strain they use (they never emailed me back when i asked), so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. It was bubbling within an hour of pitching, and after about 8 hours krausen was overflowing from the airlock!

I had the same "problem" with the honey I just brewed, My friend makes a killer saison...Let us know how it turns out:mug:

This weekend and "today" are a little different...Don't you Agree?

I'm brewing a hef today, pitching Wyeast Bavarian Weiss in one half, white labs American hef in the other, chamomile, freshly ground coriander, fresh orange peel. Totally pumped. Newly remodled HERMS coil, breaking in new fermentation room with Ranco controller, sparkling clean new B Bottles, first time treating water with Ca, new Ph meter, phos. acid for sparge water, and new extremely motivated brewing partner.

So many new things today I'm so pumped!!!

My new Turkey Fryer should be here on Friday, so Sunday I'm doing my First -ever- All grain batch.

Tonight I got to get to installing- lots of fittings, pot drillings, and Mash Tun making.

I'm brewing a hef today, pitching Wyeast Bavarian Weiss in one half, white labs American hef in the other, chamomile, freshly ground coriander, fresh orange peel. Totally pumped. Newly remodled HERMS coil, breaking in new fermentation room with Ranco controller, sparkling clean new B Bottles, first time treating water with Ca, new Ph meter, phos. acid for sparge water, and new extremely motivated brewing partner.

So many new things today I'm so pumped!!!

Haha Nice, especially this "new extremely motivated brewing partner" that will come in handy, since mine is broke half the time, and im the one buying all the equipment. Im placing an order today for a Brutus Build, and am looking forward to brewing on a new stand. Not having to do any heavy lifting with hot water should be nice. All the kettles are ready, now I just have to order some quick disconnects and im on my way! Let us know how the Brew day goes.

Haha Nice, especially this "new extremely motivated brewing partner" that will come in handy, since mine is broke half the time, and im the one buying all the equipment. Im placing an order today for a Brutus Build, and am looking forward to brewing on a new stand. Not having to do any heavy lifting with hot water should be nice. All the kettles are ready, now I just have to order some quick disconnects and im on my way! Let us know how the Brew day goes.

Brew day went great! All except crushing grain. This shouldn't be happening, with the UltiMill. Yes, the 2500 contraption. Some sort of problem with me or the mill I'm not sure. MoreBeer gave me a call after I emailed with some questions. I'm talking to them today.

Other than that, a stellar brew day, first time on a single tier, and it worked amazingly!

I should be jumping on a single tier for the first time within the next couple weeks...im excited! Let us know what was up with the mill, maybe it's a manufactures defect and not just a user error! Only problem with the single tier is my partner barely grasps a normal brewday I think pumps and hoses will confuse him! I may set up the blichmann burner across from me and let him use the cooler MT to make his own batch while I go to town.

Brewed my first AG! Belgium Golden Strong. I don't really know how it happened, but I got ~96% efficiency. Now that I'm thinking about it, I know why I got that high of an efficiency. I boiled off about 2.5 gallons of water during my 90 minute boil (5 gallon batch size). Anyway, the yeasties are doing their stuff and I am stoked for this one!

It was a great first ag experience, and I'm looking forward to many more in the future!

Brewing one of my house IPAs today with a twist - Converted the recipe from DME and it will be my first AG. First run for my new Barley Crusher, new MLT, etc. I'm a happy camper! :)

Boiling wort right now. 5gals of a light and simple Ale.
7lb pilsner malt
2lb Vienna malt
1lb rice flakes
S04 yeast

Brewing up a Blonde Ale today - here's my plan

12.5 lbs - 2 row
.5 lbs - Crystal 10
.5 lbs - Honey Malt
.25 oz - Willamette FWH
1.00 oz - Willamette 60 min
.25 oz - Willamette 5 min
.50 oz - Willamette dry hop @ transfer to secondary at 5 days for 7 days
Wyeast 1056 - American Ale

Beersmith says it's way over OG and a little high SRM for the style, so my name for this beer will be: Fat Dirty Blonde Ale :rockin:

-Dave

Brewing up a Blonde Ale today - here's my plan

12.5 lbs - 2 row
.5 lbs - Crystal 10
.5 lbs - Honey Malt
.25 oz - Willamette FWH
1.00 oz - Willamette 60 min
.25 oz - Willamette 5 min
.50 oz - Willamette dry hop @ transfer to secondary at 5 days for 7 days
Wyeast 1056 - American Ale

Beersmith says it's way over OG and a little high SRM for the style, so my name for this beer will be: Fat Dirty Blonde Ale :rockin:

-Dave

I like dirty blondes but not fat ones...just kidding. recipe looks good simplicity often times produces a great beer. Let us know how it turns out.

Keep the posts coming

American Brown ale. Giving my newly built brew rig a go too. So far its going very well .my numbers are on target. Chilling it down to pitching temp right now. Its close but I do need a new wort chiller pump. On my wish list.

Attachments

• 20180822_090252.jpg
    20180822_090252.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • 20180822_132102.jpg
    20180822_132102.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Ok , I may have a problem ...With my kit came a liquid yeast smack pack and the ice pack it was wrapped in was not even cold when it arrived ( from order ship to arrival took 4 days)but the yeast nutrient pack inside was not burst yet. I thought it was because I couldnt feel it until I opened the pack to pitch, then I burst the pack and added to wort in carboy. Will it be ok? Not sure how confident I am about this liquid yeast. I've always used a dry pitch until now without issues. Its in the basement , covered and with an airlock . I'll keep my eye on it .
I also had one other problem I wish hadn't . I was running the wort to the carboy and without shutting the valve , I stepped away from it for literally a moment or two . I came back and found the tube had fallen out and lost a good quart or 2 on the floor. I'll never do that again. Wort abuse, terrible thing. Luckily I had a good solid 6 gallons of wort for a 5 gallon batch . Its a 6 gallon carboy and Its about 3 inches down from the shoulder so maybe I didn't lose as much as I think. still...grrrrrrrrr.

Holy necro thread Batman!

The liquid yeast you added to the carboy will be fine but it might take a bit to get going, your supposed to “smack” the pack and pop that little pack and then the pack will swell up, it’s a way to get the yeast going before you dump it in the wort.

Not trying to be a smartass but i did read the directions on the package and ill bet i felt around for that pop pack inside for a good 15 minutes and the pack was a little swollen. I thought maybe it popped during shippng until i opened it. Like i said this was the first time using one. Ill know next time. Thanks for the feeling of security the yeast will be ok.

Not trying to be a smartass but i did read the directions on the package and ill bet i felt around for that pop pack inside for a good 15 minutes and the pack was a little swollen. I thought maybe it popped during shippng until i opened it. Like i said this was the first time using one. Ill know next time. Thanks for the feeling of security the yeast will be ok.

It’s all good, I reread your post and I see now you did mention that, I’ve had that happen too you think it’s popped but it’s not. And I’ve also had them swell a bit after being warmed up and then realized that the yeast is still intact.

It’s all good, I reread your post and I see now you did mention that, I’ve had that happen too you think it’s popped but it’s not. And I’ve also had them swell a bit after being warmed up and then realized that the yeast is still intact.
Im sure thats exactly what happened. First time using it , I had no idea I was lookig for a small "pillow" packet inside the size of a tide pod. I was afraid Id smack it and have yeast all over the place.
I checked the airlock this morning . I realize its only been 12-15 hours post-pitch but theres zero activity. Not so much as a bubble on the wort.

Back