Peach Cobbler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
The peach tree in my back yard is a about to give forth a massive bounty.

Anyone have a good recipe for cobbler?

5-7 peaches
pie crust (either home-made or store bought)
1/2 cup sugar
tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp flour

Slice peaches. Mix sliced fruit w/ lemon juice, flour, and sugar. Place mixture in pie pan. Fit crust over fruit, sprinkle on some extra sugar if you want. For an extra golden shine brush on melted butter ontop of crust. Bake in oven for about 30 min at 350*.

I went the easy route.

Pealed and sliced the peaches, mixed with little sugar and a touch o' cinnamon, dumped into a casserole dish. Used Bisquick for the crust on top.

40 min at 350

Put a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.

Went back for seconds. (Hey, it was hard work mixing that gooey-assed Bisquick stuff!)

I tend to mix the peaches (hopefully some ripe or overripe, with some not yet ripe) with a cup of caster sugar, a bit of cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg. Then I leave it overnight in the fridge in a crockery bowl and let it make it's own syrup.

I use this same recipe for peach pie, peach cobbler, or peach crumble. Only difference is the crust (or lack therof) and the topping.

Latest posts

Back