Replacing the seal on a keg lid pressure relief valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabeweisz

Reaction score
Just tried to use one of my new kegs last weekend and realized that it was leaking through the pressure relief valve :mad:

I made sure it was seated correctly, but it still leaks. This valve leaks in multiple lids, so I'm pretty sure it is the valve.

There are no visible deformities in the rubber seal at the bottom, but it still leaks a bit even with keg lube on it.

I've seen a number of posts where people have replaced the seal on the valve. How do you do so exactly? It looks like it is glued to the post. And where exactly do people get the rubber to replace it?

I know I can get a new valve for about $15 shipped, but I'd rather not spend that much on a part for a keg that I only spent $30 for. I did try emailing the company that I got the keg from, but they have not responded after 4 days, so I think I'm SOL with them.

Any advice here would be appreciated.

If you are talking about the large O-Ring you should be able to find at morebeer.com or midwest for a couple bucks.

:tank:

No -the keg came with new O-Rings. I mean that the gray pressure relief valve in the keg lid is leaking.

Back