Good deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I was just offered 10 dozen long neck bottles...an assortmentof caps...a couple dozen or so of the bottles with the swing off tops ( cant think of the name) two 5 gallon glass carboys...a fermenting bucket...a few pounds of hops ....several different cans of malt extract...air locks and bungs siphons and a bunch of odds and ends for $100.00 if I am willing to clean it up. It is all a couple of years old stored in a barn.

If the hops and extract have been stored a few years in a barn, I'd toss 'em out. Maybe use the hops for a Belgian lambic beer or something, but they're probably shot. Other than that, you've got what I'd consider a fair price, not necessarily a deal. Depends a little on how much you have to clean 'em up and what shape they're in. Odds and ends can add up, too...

The canned malt is probably expired and not usable as are the hops.

If you have a list of items already then check the catalog/on-line prices at midwestsupplies.com or some other supply store and divide by 50%...that's the starting price, now it's time to make your deal. ;)

I wouldn't add in the cost/price for the hops, malt or bottles in my calculations, but if you think it's a fair price then go for it.

As far as I can tell, all you're getting that's usable are two 5 gallon glass carboys ($10 each used), a fermenting bucket ($5), some caps ($3) and airlocks ($1 each). Not worth $100. in my book....$30 TOPS for all of it.

But, hey, that's just me. ;)

Good luck!

I would offer $40, steep some grains and the malt with around 4 lbs of honey to make some braggots.
Then it might be worth it.

Latest posts

Back