ADVICE: 25' beer lines, basement to bar on 1st floor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eisendrath

Reaction score
One of my homebrew pals is considering relocating his kegerator to the basement and running about 25 foot lines up to his bar on the first floor. I've got a feeling that cold beer going thru 25 feet of warm lines might not be the best idea. Have any of you tried it? How'd you make out? Any adivce is appreciated?

:mug:

Sounds bad. It will certainly fail in the summer. I think he may need to sleeve the tubing and air condition the sleeve with a fan coming from the kegerator if it is even possible.

what's a glycol loop? What's involved?

Basically, where the kegs are located you have a reservoir of fluid that has a freezing point safely below that of plain water. Drawing from the reservoir is a pump, which is connected to a loop of tubing that runs to the faucets and back. The beer lines running from the kegs to the faucets are taped so they are in contact with the coolant loop, and the whole thing is wrapped up in insulation. The pump circulates the coolant through the loop and back to the reservoir, keeping the beer lines nicely chilled.

Check this thread out for some ideas. In this case I believe the author is using salt water instead of glycol...

Cheers!

Back