What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back home finally! Now having a newer homer brewery, Griffin Claw Norms Raggedy Ass IPA. Punch you in the face dank aroma. The hop bitterness is not as strong as the aroma indicates but its pretty awesome. Very nice intro to this brewery.

1388380151225.jpg

Best part of beating Dallas is jerry jones' reaction :D

I wish I could have seen your reaction the last time the cowboys played the eagles:) the eagles may have a shot next week at home vs the saints. No dome for Drew and hopefully it'll will snow.

I think you're in a steak coma. We've never traded. ;)

Wild cider I bottled still with brett anomla thinking it might eventualy carb up or maybe the brett would at least clean up after the wild yeasts. Still flat, but tasting much cleaner than when it was bottled. Looking forward to experimenting with cider again next year.

hahah I realized that way too late. I thought you were saying "another trade" as in again. Then I realized my confusion...

The steak was okay but not awesome. I am fairly spoiled when it comes to steak. I usually go to a butcher but December has put a huge dent in the pocketbook so I bought "angus beef" from the market. $10 for about 12 oz of steaks. One was a bit tough the other wasn't as bad, but I ate it all, of course!

We should do a trade. People keep mentioning your beers and yet, here I sit empty handed. :D

Coffee. With little to do at work I wonder why I bothered to come back this week. I'm already going to lose PTO.

I wish I could have seen your reaction the last time the cowboys played the eagles:) the eagles may have a shot next week at home vs the saints. No dome for Drew and hopefully it'll will snow.

Yeah it was a different reaction, but that game didn't matter :D
The eagles have been blessed with good luck this season and I hope it continues.

Shouldn't have had that last beer after the game. Pounding some h2o this morning

Feels good to be back HBT :D Lets see if I can recall everything I had over the holidays.

6 tank 7s on tap
Boulevard imperial stout on tap
2 new belgium white ipa's on tap
fat tire on tap
crooked stave vieille
6 pack of santa fe black ipa
2 FW double jack :D
3 vanilla bean buffalo sweat (of course)
arrogant bastard on tap
deschutes white ipa on tap (love that brew)
lots of red wine on christmas eve
maine pepper ale
tallgrass wild plum
and plenty of water after drinking way too much jack when k-state crushed michigan :rockin:

BGBC said:
Yea, working in midtown today. Little place called Katsuhama. It's ok, not my favorite, but convenient.

Ive never been to that one. After trying one or 2 spots i went to Totto ramen on 52nd between 8th and 9th. Wow it is absolutely phenomenal. If you have the time to wait a little while before eating during your break i highly recommend you trying it out. The place looks kind of dumpy but i dont give a crap about atmosphere when i eat.

If you like ramen definitely check it out. Only gripe about the place is what i mentioned earlier. The wait time is always pretty considerable.

Ive never been to that one. After trying one or 2 spots i went to Totto ramen on 52nd between 8th and 9th. Wow it is absolutely phenomenal. If you have the time to wait a little while before eating during your break i highly recommend you trying it out. The place looks kind of dumpy but i dont give a crap about atmosphere when i eat.

If you like ramen definitely check it out. Only gripe about the place is what i mentioned earlier. The wait time is always pretty considerable.

Yep, Totto is good stuff. They also have a sister restaurant on the east side of 52nd (off 2nd ave I believe) called Hide-Chan. Same great ramen and usually less crowded than the west side.

TNGabe said:
Whatcha brewin?

I decided to go with something fairly simple, as this is a test batch of sorts. This is my first time attempting to tinker with my water profile. I added 2.5 teaspoons of gypsum to get my calcium to around 75 and my sulfates to slightly under 150 ppm and 3/4 of a teaspoon of calcium chloride to get that up to ~50

The recipe is a 2row/vienna /C 60 with columbus for bittering and simcoe for mostly late additions. Decided to go with the 1056 instead of the 3787 i was toying around with. Mostly because im more familiar with how the 1056 affects homebrews ive made before and im trying mostly to detect the difference if any, the water has on my final product.

Currently in London for the holidays. Sampling every Belgian I can find (and they have a bunch!) If you're ever here hit Belgo. They have a great Belgian selection. Also try Brew Dog...a great selection as well. I check back later...when I find magic! ;)

Latest posts

Back