Kenmore 5.0 for a keezer = tight fit!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aksea102

Reaction score
I have been getting ready to build a keezer for some time now, purchasing faucets, shanks, regulator etc when I had the cash. I recently noticed that Sears has an appliance layaway plan now (in the past appliances werent applicable). Thought this might be a good way to purchase a 5.0cf chest freezer, but not drop the $$ all at once.
So off to Sears I went today, equipped with my corny keg circular cardboard cutouts and a tape measure.
Here's the heads up...crikey, the Kenmore 5.0 would make for an extremely tight fit for two cornies on the floor of that freezer.
Unfortunately I dont have the space for a 7.0+ cf keezer (bye bye layaway plan) so I hit Lowe's up to check out the Holiday 5.0. Much better fit for two cornies on the floor.

This is where I ask for help...I have poured thru keezer build threads and to be honest, I am getting a bit dizzy!! Does anyone have a bookmarked thread for dummies (or in my case, a chick without tons of tools, or DIY knowledge)? I definitely want to build a collar but attach it to the lid. The less height I have to clear, the better...and safer!!

Thanks in advance-

Back