Storage of milled grain...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flic

Reaction score
Well, I was supposed to do my first AG this weekend and ordered everything from AHS on Monday. Dang UPS was supposed to have it here today but never showed up and their tracking info of course hasn't updated in over 3 days. I may have to wait 2 more weekends before I'm able to brew. I ordered the milled grain, is it best to just keep it in the fridge or is it OK for a while?? I guess the grain/yeast/hops are going to sitting in a hot UPS warehouse all weekend......:mad:

I just got a mill last year, but before that I had to use a friend's mill, and he's about a half-hour away, so I'd mill up about 20 pounds or so at a time, enough to last a while. I kept the milled grain in large plastic bags, inside a Rubbermaid bin with a lid on it, under my workbench, which is downstairs and is usually fairly cool and dry. No problems, even with grain stored this way for several months.

Back