Need input on my new electric 1.5 bbl system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We run 10,000 W and It works our just fine. By the time you are done sparging you have the BK up to the boil. You can see the current set up on this You Tube video
If you search Squam Brewing you will see several Tasting of our various brews.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZi_FmmHpJU]Squam Brewing New setup - YouTube[/ame]

Just FYI, it will be at least a few months before I even begin working on this new system. I need to work on several other brewing projects first: Complete my EHERMS upgrade, build my hop trellis, build my yeast ranch, upgrade my keezer to 5 taps, and insulate my brewery.

A proper whirlpool can not be achieved this way, the obstruction of the drill head would ruin the flow of particulate. The trub/break moves in a donut shaped pattern, up through the middle, then down the outside wall and back towards the middle. If you put a paddle mixer in the middle of that you will probably lose whirlpool efficiency. Maybe not.

Back