Any Shepherd Neame style recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdf

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and this is my first post.
My favorite beers in the world, I have two, are Shepherd Neame's Spitfire and their Bishops Finger.
Now that I am living in the States, I can only get them when I visit my family across the pond.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a recipe for a similar brew to either of these.
Thank you,
Kevin

kdf said:
My local brew shop was able to get recipes for these.
I get to brew the Bishops Finger tomorrow!!
A happy day indeed!

Mmmmmmmmmm, Bishop's Finger :cool:

Haven't had that since I was in the UK years ago....

Check out Ron Pattinson's Blog, Shut Up About Barclay Perkins and search Shepherd Neame. You'll find about 50 articles that Ron has written about the brewery including a lot of recipes. These aren't the specific beers you asked for but here are a couple of interesting ones I found doing a quick scroll through...

Shepherd Neame Brown Ale: Let's Brew Wednesday - 1944 Shepherd Neame MB

Shepherd Neame Stout: Let's Brew Wednesday - 1947 Shepherd Neame SS

Shepherd Neame Christmas Ale: Let's Brew - 1956 Shepherd Neame ESXA

Shepherd Neame Abbey Ale: Let's Brew Wednesday - 1956 Shepherd Neame Abbey Ale

Thanks to all replies.
I lived in Sheerness in the late 1970 and drank one or two pints of Shepherd neame.:yes:
I'm new to brewing and since no brewer in Lexington is going to brew an English bitter, I want to try. Really interested in getting as close to a SMaSH recipe as I can.

Thanks to all replies.
I lived in Sheerness in the late 1970 and drank one or two pints of Shepherd neame.:yes:
I'm new to brewing and since no brewer in Lexington is going to brew an English bitter, I want to try. Really interested in getting as close to a SMaSH recipe as I can.
I am also looking for a recipe for this beer. Just wanted to say that you will not be able to make Spitfire from single malt and single hop (smash)

Latest posts

Back