hop wallop !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeasty

Reaction score
wow. just had a VICTORY "hop wallop" and i still feel like i am sucking on a dry hop pellet 15 minutes later ! almost too much ! :D:D

Yep, it's pretty good stuff. Did you have it bottled or from a keg?

It is indeed a wonderfully hopped beverage. I've been trying to find more because I had told a few friends about it a while back, but haven't seen it in a while.

It is indeed a wonderfully hopped beverage. I've been trying to find more because I had told a few friends about it a while back, but haven't seen it in a while.

I believe this is a seasonal beer from Victory. Spring and summer may be hard to find it.

I was in SoCal recently and had a LOT of these. Love 'em.

Anybody know what that piney sorta hop is in there? Is that Simcoe? Victory's website just says "American whole flowers".

I was in SoCal recently and had a LOT of these. Love 'em.

I am surprised that they make it all the way out there. I would like to know more about how these craft beers are transported around the country - I think of Yards and Victory (and DFH, being discussed in another thread where I also commented on transportation issues) as local to this part of the country.

I am surprised that they make it all the way out there. I would like to know more about how these craft beers are transported around the country - I think of Yards and Victory (and DFH, being discussed in another thread where I also commented on transportation issues) as local to this part of the country.

They didn't used to make it out west. I learned about them from a friend back east. He's a beer writer. And I lived in Portland at the time (what, 1999 or something?) and we'd send a crate of beers back and forth. I'd send him Deschutes, Full Sail, Hair of the Dog etc, and he'd send me Dogfish Head, Victory, Harpoon etc. Think we labeled it "olive oil samples" or something. Nice. But when I moved back to California in 2002, I started seeing Golden Monkey Tripel showing up, then Hop Devil. Now you can find Victory beers in SoCal pretty easily at, if I remember, Beverages and More, Whole Foods and such. They seem to be pretty widely distributed these days.

Sadly, they don't make it to Croatia. So when I was in SoCal for like 11 days, we drank at least 3 sixers of Hop Wallop. And Sierra Nevada Torpedo, though I liked Hop Wallop better. And various lovely Russian River beers. And Green Flash West Coast IPA. Had to drink all those American beers while I could. I was going for all the heavy hops. Can't get anything remotely similar here.

I would like to know more about how these craft beers are transported around the country

Trucks...but you prb know that.

- I think of Yards and Victory (and DFH, being discussed in another thread
where I also commented on transportation issues) as local to this part of the country.

They definitely are. Yards, PBC, Victory, DFH, Troegs, ect all only have their brewing facilities 'round here and then ship their beer elsewhere. Some have limited production and distribution while others have more capacity and a further reach. The other thing to consider is that they don't necessarily distribute to each state between here and there (where ever there might be).

Back