Anyone use a double-burner fry cart as a brewstand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rothj617

Reaction score
Outdoor Gourmet Double-Burner Fry Cart. I can pick one up right now for $100 at Academy Sports. I had been thinking about welding a 3-tier gravity-fed tower, but I'm a little concerned about how tall it would need to be (especially considering my shabby welding skills; I don't need a propane burner and 5+ gal of boiling water coming down on me). This seems like it might be a least-effort and low-cost solution for the near-term. Plus, the small foot-print means it would fit my space requirements. It would, however, require me to buy a pump to go from my cooler-MLT back up to the boil kettle. Just curious if anyone has this setup, and can give me a thumbs-up/down?

frycart.jpg

Looking at the description it says the weight capacity is 37.47 pounds. 5 gallons of water weighs 41.70 pounds. I dont know if i would trust this to hold that weight plus the weight of my pots. Even if your welding skills aren't that great you should be able to make a stand that is sturdier for around the same price.

Back