Faucet leaked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfonnes

Reaction score
After cleaning my perlicks I had a hard time getting one of them to close and stay closed.

I thought that I had the problem fixed, apparently not.

I came home from a weekend away to find 3 gallons of Dubbel on the floor in my beer cave and my co2 tank empty.

After cleaning my perlicks I had a hard time getting one of them to close and stay closed.

I thought that I had the problem fixed, apparently not.

I came home from a weekend away to find 3 gallons of Dubbel on the floor in my beer cave and my co2 tank empty.

I would suggest replacing the O-ring and lubing it with a very small dab of keg lube.

I feel your pain. I have a tower on my kegerator and while lifting a keg out one of my taps got knocked open spilling my chocolate porter all over my kegerator and carpet. It was really exciting when I saw my power strip covered in beer. Thankfully I was not electrocuted.

When I first put my tower together one of the six 525ss faucets was very touchy about holding a seal. I had also noticed the handle had less resistance to movement than the other five.

What I did was loosen the handle, then loosen the handle jacket (#8, below) then tighten the bonnet (#7) a bit until the lever action felt similar to the others. Finally I tightened the handle jacket and then the handle. Et voila! Totally cured.
perlick_525ss_part.gif

Be careful about over tightening the bonnet, as it has been found that can cause the o-ring immediately below it to get bunched up, in which case you'll have a profound leak...

Cheers!

Perlick faucets are a beating!!! I work for a distributor in Texas and we have to clean and maintain draught systems. If you don't get the o rings seated perfectly after cleaning they will leak for sure. I recommend replacing with normal faucets and selling the perlicks.

Back