Anybody listen to country music?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it is worth, I like Charlie Daniels, Big and Rich, you know the up beat stuff. But most of it is so depressing, that for the life of me, I don't know what keeps people from taking a hard left into an oncoming semi to stop the pain. Oh, yeah, and the steel guitar should be outlawed.

country music is about all i listen to. unless wife is picking--she'll listen to about anything. i like the older country better-- waylon & willie, johnny cash, merle haggard, don williams, etc. :mug:

Come on. ANY homebrewers? :D

I can't wait to go see Merle this Summer. :rockin:

My pops use to arrest Merl, his wife, or his son at least once a week in the 80's for dope use to go get them at them at silverthorn all the time. At that time he lived on a glass bottem boat. I love his music though do you know if Neil Tocher is playing with him.

I listen to a full spectrum of music, but I find myself leaving the radio on the country stations more often than not. My wife loves country and so does our teenage daughter. When I was a young, single, Navy guy, the country bars were where all the hot chicks were partying and the ratios were in the guys favor.

Country music is a seasonal deal for me. Nothing else like it during the summer months. Seems like that's when all the good albums are released also.

Country music is a seasonal deal for me. Nothing else like it during the summer months. Seems like that's when all the good albums are released also.

You're only fooling yourself... There are no 'good' country albums produced, any time of the year... :eek: :rockin:

poke... poke.. poke... Yeah, I'm poking Willie N with a stick... :D

Country music is great! It gets my wife out of the house and gives me and easy, no fail present for every holiday. She's going a Sugarland concert tomorrow and I get my daughter alone all evening. Can't wait!

Country music is the most depressing music on the planet. Hmmm.What do i listen to? Country music or Hip- hop? They both suck.... Ok, there is always talk radio. That works.

I would like to sample some of Hank jr.'s home brewed wine, and shine that he sings about. Everyday starts with country boy can survive.

Tnoodle said:
I would like to sample some of Hank jr.'s home brewed wine, and shine that he sings about. Everyday starts with country boy can survive.

Right on brother!

Depends on what you call country music, and what I consider country music, I love. Most consider this new pop music with a slight twang celebrating middle class life regularities "country music". Country music ain't what it once was, it used to be edgy, brazen at times, and always soulful. Now it's hot chicks and metros singing songs they didn't write about growing up in small towns they didn't grow up in and about working on farms they've never been to.

So, short answer, I love country music, but most of today's ain't hitting on much. Rant off.

Depends on what you call country music, and what I consider country music, I love. Most consider this new pop music with a slight twang celebrating middle class life regularities "country music". Country music ain't what it once was, it used to be edgy, brazen at times, and always soulful. Now it's hot chicks and metros singing songs they didn't write about growing up in small towns they didn't grow up in and about working on farms they've never been to.

So, short answer, I love country music, but most of today's ain't hitting on much. Rant off.

Well, I have never loved country music, but I certainly agree it is not the same as it used to be. Nowadays they take a Rock song from the sixties, (bonus points for Elvis) add a cowboy hat and a really fake and really bad and really forced Southern accent and call it country music. Well, I didn't like the old version, and I HATE the new version. Blech.

The country accent is the worst...I have never heard anyone with as much of an accent as those goons have. You listen to Johnny Cash, or any of the greats talk and they had a little twang, but it was expected.

I do like Shooter Jennings though.

I worked in radio for 10 years - a lot of those on Country stations...every era has it's superstars. The 70's was Johnny Cash's time - the 80's belonged to Alabama and then Garth Brooks, then the 90's exploded the genre with names like Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn, Travis Tritt - then there was the turn of the century and we got Toby Keith, the Dixie Chicks etc...it's all music, but; most of it sucks - but every now and then a great song comes along. It's the same with every type of music.

Back