Jalapeno wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Made a batch of this a few weeks back using Jack Kellers recipe .. I did it due to being asked by several folks. I racked it today after it fermented VERY dry and dropped clear. I took a small taste and was very surprised that it is pretty decent even though it is still green, and zero back swetening. has anyone else made this and if so did yoi sweeten it at all?

I am growing jalapenos and ghost peppers right now with intent to make wine from the fruits. Glad to hear it's tasting good!

so how would you describe it? i was thinking of making some but didnt know if it would be something to drink or maybe just cook with.

Not much with tasting descriptions but to me it tasted like mild jalapenos. I think if you took it easy and sipped it , it would be enjoyable,, try to down a big glass and I can see it getting nasty.

I am assuming this is for a one gallon batch?? I have jalapenos out the wazoo and think I'll try a full batch in my glass carboy.

I just bottled a one gallon batch of this. It tasted pretty good at bottling considering how green it was. We had a little left over so we made some risotto with it and man did it come out good. gave just a hint of peppers on the finish of the risotto. My wife and I both agreed that we should keep this in stock even if we just use it for cooking. I bottled in 375ml splits.

As far as taste at bottling it has tasted like a dry white wine, kind of like a box wine but dry, and the finish has the very identifiable flavor of mild jalapenos. I think next time I might bump up the amount of raisins used.

I made 2 gallons last year using habernero peppers instead of jalapenos. Awesome. No back sweetening. Great for cooking and sipping on a cold night.

Try using apple juice in place of some of the water.

I made Jalapeño mead that I thoroughly enjoyed with 6 japs (with seeds) in 2 gallons. Not all my friends liked it and most thought it only suitable for cooking. I am going to try my next one with Welch’s white grape concentrate. My 2 cents.

Just made this today here are some pics from the brew day.

image-921660353.jpg

image-4177613147.jpg

image-4106435452.jpg

Chuckabrewski: That picture makes me think of when I made mole sauce....
....which in turn makes me wonder if one could ferment a homemade mole sauce :D

Sorry 'bout the tangent.

Brann_mac_Finnchad said:
Chuckabrewski: That picture makes me think of when I made mole sauce....
....which in turn makes me wonder if one could ferment a homemade mole sauce :D

Sorry 'bout the tangent.

Here is how it looks in the fermenter. And what is mole sauce?

image-45599276.jpg

A mexican sauce, made with peppers, varying amounts of tomato, and sometimes chocolate, among other things

Which means I can't really remember the essential ingrediants right now, lol

It looks like you took the seeds out. I have been meaning to make this one but haven't gotten around to it. I was debating leaving half the seeds in. Did you use the full amount of peppers, or did you use half for a less hot wine?

weeple2000 said:
It looks like you took the seeds out. I have been meaning to make this one but haven't gotten around to it. I was debating leaving half the seeds in. Did you use the full amount of peppers, or did you use half for a less hot wine?

I used the full amount and took the seeds out

Latest posts

Back