What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that was a big waste of time fooooooking surgeon wasn't even affiliated with my hospital so I get to find a new surgeon

'Merica. Right? :D
That's insane though.

I had a homebrew at lunch because I can and bought a 12-pack of Magic Hat's seasonal. I shouldn't drink tonight since I should detox before Chicago, but what the hell, right?!

Great Lakes Nosferatu

image-2085262840.jpg

Magic Hat Séance. It's not terrible.
<sarcastic beer snob> It's a sessionable beer with wonderful lacing all the way down. </sarcastic beer snob>

image-4217594495.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Pay day is tomorrow and beer shopping is too. Hopefully they have some of that there

Save some money for Krunkin Pumpkin next week. Oh, and Pumpkinator on Oct 14.

Closer than roughly I think. I didn't email Gabe directly, but it's based off a friend's correspondence with him. I got impatient waiting for Kumquats and used an orange and don't think it makes that much of a difference. Still haven't done a side by side, but my wife got me a bottle the other day so I'm sure I will soon. I think I just talked myself into ordering more Galaxy.

I brew 6 gallon batches for hoppy beers especially. He uses Weyermann malts.

Pils 66% Wheat Malt 30% Rolled Oats 4%. 1.055 OG. Galaxy 1/2 oz FW, 30. 1 oz 10, 5, 3. 2 oz Whirpool, Dry hop. I used flesh and zest from a large orange, I'd use a pound of kumquats when available, plus 1 g each Black Peppercorns and Coriander (lightly bruised) at 0. WLP400, pitch at 75, finish in the 90s. Should hit 1.005 or so, bottle with sugar for 2 vols or so, wyeast brux, and champagne yeast. Won't taste very good at bottling, needs to condition 3 months minimum. I'll be making double batch next time, one of the better beers I've made.

Gabe, is that 2oz Galaxy dryhop, and how long did you go before bottling? I've got a low-grav saison I was thinking I might dryhop with a 2:1 combo of Galaxy & Mosaic and then hit with either brux or Saison Brett dregs. Sounds like it would be pretty similar, thoughts?

How come the hate for Magic Hat? Is it like Abita that uses swamp water?

Drinking a Deveiled now. :D

Google Magic Hat & West Sixth.

Doesn't help that a lot of their beer is meh, either :cross:

Yeah the suit is crappy but for me its mostly the mediocre beer.
Drinking gravity sample of my Icepick Hard Tea. Down to 1.002 from 1.064 in 4 days. Still needs to crank down a touch to .996 but should be good to go for Sunday football! Ill pull a growler on Sunday then hit it with Sparkloid and stabilizers.

ForumRunner_20130919_182507.jpg

London Fields Hackney Hopster.

ForumRunner_20130919_233122.png

Motueka and Nelson Sauvin. Pretty good, nice and crisp, but definitely undercarbed, even for an English style (obviously it's meant to be more of an APA). It's bottle conditioned so might be something to do with that?

Google Magic Hat & West Sixth.

Doesn't help that a lot of their beer is meh, either :cross:

Done. I didn't know about the suit. I can see both sides for sure. I'm gonna finish my 12 pack since I did buy it after all. :)

Thanks for the props! :mug:

Me and this 4 pack are going to dance.

Whew, not sure I could make it 4 dances with that one.

Gabe, is that 2oz Galaxy dryhop, and how long did you go before bottling? I've got a low-grav saison I was thinking I might dryhop with a 2:1 combo of Galaxy & Mosaic and then hit with either brux or Saison Brett dregs. Sounds like it would be pretty similar, thoughts?

Yes, 2 oz dry hop and 2 oz whirpool. I might do 3/4 FW and move the late additions to whirpool next time, maybe cut the total back. But it's so dang good that might be stupid. Haven't used Mosaic and Galaxy together, but to paraphrase Rick James, sounds like a hell of a drug. This beer isn't something you'd mistake for a saison. Nothing subtle about it. Tastes like an IPA, but awesome. I added the brett at bottling.

My favorite Doppelbock.

Korbinian > Celebrator, although I do like the little plastic goat.

Having Fedor von Bock , my belgian stout that I had a spaz moment and pitched the wrong yeast (Weihenstaphaner) into. 8 months in the bottle has actually done it well, it's finally drinkable. Still shoulda dumped it as soon as I made the mistake.

Pretty stoked. Was running errands and going by the 'package store' (dunno, that's just what they're called here) and stopped in because I knew they had some 2 1/2 year old Orval. Started talking to the owner and he said he'd let me have any of the Italian beers that have been taking up shelf space for 6 or 8 years now for half off. Looks like I've got an excuse to try Xyauyu finally and for the 'bargain' price of 'only' $17. On the off chance anyone knows what I'm talking about, I think last time I saw it on the shelf it was pushing $50, so I'm pretty stoked. I was feeling a little undergunned for my buddy's 4 seasons tasting in December, so that should make a nice nightcap for the event.

Back