If it hit 9.5%...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APBrewer

Reaction score
can I still call it a Saison? Just kegged the second carboy of an AG fermented with WLP565. OG: 1.082 FG: 1.010 (First one went into keg @1.014/9%). In the end the label doesn't really matter cuz it is what it is. Just curious whether it would still be considered a Saison or something else?

It's your beer, you can call it Waldo or Wizbang the Magnificent if you want to... :D

Ok, so according to GABF guidelines, your OG is .002 out of range and your FG is within range. Since neither the OG or the ABV would be obvious from tasting (although the ABV would catch up with ya quick!) I can't imagine it not being recognized as a Saison based on those two criteria... also, the style guidelines are like the Pirate Code, more guidelines than rules :D I would be totally ok with calling it Saison

I thought that originally saisons were extremely low alchoholic beverages for workers...am I wrong

Latest posts

Back