Broken Regulator!!! Need help to repair???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowDogBrewingCompany

Reaction score
Greetings,

Today I opened the door to my kegerator.
As I did this the CO2 tank and gauge fell out.
When everything hit the floor the screw that allows me to adjust the PSI was bent.

I cannot adjust the screw above 10 PSI. I would like to avoid buying a new regulator. Does anyone know how or have any experience in fixing a problem like this.

Thanks,
Gerard

[email protected]

Take the regulator off...

Take the cover with the adjustment screw off...

Cut the adjustment screw off on the front side...twist it till it comes out the back.

Take the lock nut with you to the hardware store and buy a bolt that fits.

Come home and screw it back together...replace the cover. Make sure you put the guts back in...aligned properly and in the correct order.

You'll just have to be carefull not to back it out far enough that the bolt falls out and gets lost. The ones that come with the regulator have a lock ring or weld that prevents them from backing out all the way.

What brand is your regulator?

Contact the maker of the regulator and see if you can get just the bell housing and set screw. Chances are anything you try to straighten out the screw will just trash the threads.I f you are handy enough you may be able to salvage the bell and just replace the screw.

IIRC, many regs have a lock collar toward the base/tip of the screw to keep them from being backed all the way out.

And get a strap for the tank.

This was great info.
Thanks to all who helped.

I spoke with the head engineer at Tap-Rite and he gave me very similar advice that the forum provided.

Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted on the results of the project.

:rockin:

Back