Broken fermentap thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwinkjr

Reaction score
I am just getting back into brewing after a 6 year layoff. (got married had 2 kids)
Getting my brew stuff out I noticed that the brand new fermentap thermometer MT500 on my brand new polarware 40qt brew kettle was reading 140... Hmmm it should have been around 40 or so in the garage... It seems if I tap the dail it will jump around a bit. Do I need to go out and buy a new one or can anyone tell me what I can do? I wanted to brew a couple of beers I picked up from Austin Home Brew this weekend. But I may just have to go the old fashioned route and use a hand thermometer on my brew kettle. Thanks in advance. I look forward to being more frequent on these forums now that I am back in brewing.

I think there is a reset screw on the back, not sure I never had to fix one and I couldnt find anything on there website or on the web... Mess with that and see what happens.

I'm sure somebody else that knows will chime in.

:mug:

I don't have one, but I would look for an adjustment screw also. Do you mash in your BK? Because if not, it's not too critical that you have the thermometer working for your brew this weekend right?

I would contact AHS and see what they say about replacing it also, just in case.

I was hoping to do a partial mash in it. However it does have a small set screw on the back of it. I will play with it and see if I can get it working. thanks guys

Back