How to do things.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The worth knowing links are good.

http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/device/devicesToC.html#contents

ch10-13.jpg

[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times] If one butchers only once a year it is not necessary to build an expensive smokehouse, for almost as good results can be obtained from a device such as that shown. It is made by taking both ends out of a barrel and mounting it upon a box or above a fireplace in the ground. The meat to be smoked is hung from the sticks laid across the top of the barrel, the fire built underneath and the lid put on.[/FONT]

my dad used to smoke in a manner close to this he had a box built that he would put over a small chamber dug in the ground. mmmmm smoked meat is sooooooo goooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ban:

Although their point of making due is always a good one, it would probably cost me less to build a smokehouse than buy a barrel.

It's more the web site I was pointing to than the smoker. That was just and example.

I think the articles were written when barrels were ten a penny.

Latest posts

Back