Help with Kegorator Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoisufnoC

Reaction score
OK. I'm sick of cutting my gas and beer line every time I want to switch from my Corny keg fittings to my Sanke tap. So I stopped by my local HBS and purchased a couple fittings.

I bought one of these...
image_937.jpg

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/tail-piece-1-4-mfl.html

...to replace the barbed tail piece that came with my sanke tap. basically making it look like this...

AddaSankeTaptoHomebrewKit.jpg

However, MoreBeer says I need one of these when I make this connection...

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18259/102292/Flare_Fitting_-_Washer

HBS didn't have it, and the guy at Lowes looked at me like I was an idiot.

I'm supposed to be using my setup to push a keg for a party this weekend (through a picnic faucet on a length of tubing that has a barb/nut on it already) so I dont have time to order one. Will it be okay if I just tighten it really well? or can i teflon tape the threads?

Thoughts?

You don't want to teflon tape the threads. The flare fittings seal at the mating surface which is the beveled nose of the tailpiece. The plastic washer acts as a gasket. You could certainly try the teflon tape, but wrap it around the nose of the fitting above the threads. It won't hurt anything if you get a few wraps on the threads, but it won't help create a seal either. Another approach would be to use a small O-ring as the gasket. Maybe just push it into the flare nut. Don't over-tighten the nut; just snug it down so the O-ring doesn't get too distorted to make the seal.

nevermind, i was just able to get a washer out of another line i had around the house. i'm good to go.

thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Back