Trip home from LHBS sucked...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
So, I had ONE errand to do today and that was to go to my favorite LHBS to get some specialty grains and yeast, and a few other small things. I am on my way home from said LHBS and the first thing I was going to do when I got home was make my starter. Well, my plans for the evening changed a bit...

13764_1267790180571_1404316434_30779878_835132_n.jpg
13764_1267790740585_1404316434_30779879_6125090_n.jpg

BOOM some stupid chick rear ends me. She was going at least 30mph. I was sitting on the road behind a slow moving dump truck. Went to the hospital tonight and they said I have early whiplash. I am probably going to be pretty sore tomorrow. I am thinking my civic is a total loss, but I guess thats up to the insurance man. Hopefully I wont be so sore that I cant brew this weekend. Man what a fantastic way to start the weekend!

The good news is you got her phone number, right?

:)

Sorry about the car, but I'm glad it wasn't your fault and that you weren't hurt worse than whiplash.

Hopefully I wont be so sore that I cant brew this weekend

Sorry to hear about the accident, those are never any fun.

But I must admit you impress me when your car is possibly totaled, and you end it with that line. I like your thinking. Well done!:mug:

... I am probably going to be pretty sore tomorrow. I am thinking my civic is a total loss, but I guess thats up to the insurance man. Hopefully I wont be so sore that I cant brew this weekend. Man what a fantastic way to start the weekend!

I got hit like that once- WHAM! out of the blue someone rear-ended me. I woke up feeling like hell the next day, but just really stiff & sore, like I needed a good massage, for the next week.

Depending on how many miles you have on the Civic, it might not be totalled. A rear end hit is a pretty straight forward fix if the roof isn't buckled, or the rear doors aren't tight up against the quarter panels... but it does look like you took a pretty good hit.

Glad you weren't hurt. Sounds like it was an easy wreak where both parties walk away. We are going through the same thing but it was our 18 yo son who hit someone.
Feel your pain.

I was coming from mdhb. Yea the supplies were ok. They got scattered all over the so I had to search for them for a minute. Still don't know if she is totaled or not. I rear ended someone 2 years ago and my front end had $3500 worth of damage. This damage is like 5x as bad so well see. My insurance company had it towed to a scrap auction yard because they fear it is a total loss based on how I descibed it. I owe like 4k on it and it's worth like 12.5 so I kind of hope it's totaled. I want to get another jeep :)

Sorry to hear this, Skins. I can definitely relate. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like people don't take driving as seriously anymore. They don't realize that one mistake can kill people.

I was in a head-on collision 6 weeks ago because some stupid chick wasn't looking through the windshield while making a left turn into oncoming traffic (probably texting). Brand new Toyota Tacoma was totalled. My foot was broken in 6 or 7 places. Cast came off yesterday, but I'm still on crutches for a few weeks. I still have neck pain. I hired an attorney.

I hope your situation gets worked out quickly and you can get back to a normal life.

Looks a lot like my then-girlfriend-now-wife's dad's Honda Civic when the woman behind us mistook the gas for the brakes...

To make it more fun, her dad didn't know I had the car (my girlfriend did), and a female friend of mine was driving. When the now-FIL was cool with all that, I knew the family was cool.

But the thousands of dollars of camera equipment for the shoot that night that were in the trunk... that's another story.

I know it's a pain- I'm glad you're okay. For me, the lasting result of being rear ended twice has been getting REALLY pissed at tailgaters.

Well, she is a total loss. After my insurance company pays off my loan balance of $4100 I will get the remaining $7200 so that is good. The only thing that really sucks is that I almost had this car payed off and was looking forward to not having a car payment for a while. Now I will have car payments for another 48 or 60 months, but they will be much lower then what I was paying. I am planning on upgrading from a civic to a Charger (from carmax of course, I am through buying new cars.) :ban::ban::ban:

Back