What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one about to open up around state line and 135 th. Martin city brewing co. I'm watching it being built now. Supposed to be bigger than tallgrass.. so hold on to your pants. And man these guys do a killer pecan porter

Im sure it is bigger than tallgrass haha their building is tiny! Thats good to hear there will be another one. Ill have to check it out when they open

Very smooth ... Can definitely taste the oak :mug:

image-1972730574.jpg

dammit I knew I shoulda had one of those when I was at flying saucer. It was 13 or 17 bucks tho, I couldnt justify it when I was about to spend $100+ in power and light right after

Wow...that is pricey. I got it for 8.50 each. Which is why I have three more bottles of it (wink-wink, nudge-nudge - know what I mean!)

Qhrumphf said:
I tried a couple of their beers last weekend. Ranged from alright/passable/still not great to nearly drainpour.

What did you try? Their Peach Berliner Weisse is fantastic. Fantastic Voyage is pretty interesting. Their head brewer Cory King is releasing some beers this Saturday. One of which is a Blueberry Flanders and is one of the best beers I've tasted in my life.

tripplehazzard said:
Anyone on here ever think of doing a hbt brewery meet up?

NHC in Grand Rapids. Not sure if they're doing the conference, but me Nizzle and Fizzymutton are getting kicked out of jolly pumpkin.

Having the first try of my first ag beer, ipa that was supposed to be 1.060 and turned out 1.080 (scale was broken) and I also didnt dry hop. There is no head at all and the alcohol is a little hot. Other then at that its not bad haha drinkable and at 8.4 % I think I can handle drinking these :D

ForumRunner_20130924_173448.png

NHC in Grand Rapids. Not sure if they're doing the conference, but me Nizzle and Fizzymutton are getting kicked out of jolly pumpkin.

Fo shizzle!!! :ban: can't wait brofish! What's the date again?

Edit:got it The American Homebrewers Association confirmed the 2014 National Homebrewers Conference will be held in Grand Rapids from June 10-14, 2014.

What did you try? Their Peach Berliner Weisse is fantastic. Fantastic Voyage is pretty interesting. Their head brewer Cory King is releasing some beers this Saturday. One of which is a Blueberry Flanders and is one of the best beers I've tasted in my life.

I thought their Peach Berliner Weisse was nearly drain pour. Either that, or I got the wrong beer. I got no peach. I got no sour. I just got a mouthfull of black licorice, and I hate black licorice. My friends tried it and hated it just as much.

I also had some "Zwanze" quad-like thing that was alright (quoted because this was on the completely urelated Cantillon Zwanze day). I don't remember what else, that might have been it. The whole day is kind of a blur.

This is what we do get kicked out of jolly pumpkin in Traverse City then just go to jolly pumpkin in Ann Arbor yup thats right there are two jolly pumpkin brewerys here in Michigan :rockin: :ban:

Qhrumphf said:
I thought their Peach Berliner Weisse was nearly drain pour. Either that, or I got the wrong beer. I got no peach. I got no sour. I just got a mouthfull of black licorice, and I hate black licorice. My friends tried it and hated it just as much. I also had some "Zwanze" quad-like thing that was alright (quoted because this was on the completely urelated Cantillon Zwanze day). I don't remember what else, that might have been it. The whole day is kind of a blur.
I know taste is individual, but you're as bad as Wes. ;)

atimmerman88 said:
Doc man said were having a baby Thursday morning ...

So it's chili and beer tonight!

Congratulations on the chili!
Oh, and the baby. :D

Who did the what now?

I'll concede the quad of theirs I can't judge fairly because it was surrounded by Cantillon beers, as well as a De Struise quad that was downright orgasmic. So it might well be a great beer just paled by world class beers. But that peach berliner was downright vile.

Doc man said were having a baby Thursday morning ...

So it's chili and beer tonight!

Congrats! Nothing like scheduling the delivery! :mug:

Fo shizzle!!! :ban: can't wait brofish! What's the date again?

Edit:got it The American Homebrewers Association confirmed the 2014 National Homebrewers Conference will be held in Grand Rapids from June 10-14, 2014.

I'm bummed I won't be able to go ... but I will be in Italy so that will ease the pain. 2015 though - I'm there!

TNGabe said:

What the fook did I do so wrong?!?! At least I'm not posting pictures of PBR like other people here who will remain unnamed. :D

WesleyS said:
What the fook did I do so wrong?!?! At least I'm not posting pictures of PBR like other people here who will remain unnamed. :D
I only drink PBR with clamato thank you very much.

Congrats!

Congratulations brofish!

Congratulations on the chili!
Oh, and the baby. :D

Congrats! Nothing like scheduling the delivery! :mug:

I'm bummed I won't be able to go ... but I will be in Italy so that will ease the pain. 2015 though - I'm there!

Whew Multi-Quote

Thanks guys!

We are super excited.

My wife is 41 weeks today so we're a little over cooked!

Oh and on to my DIPA, gotta enjoy a few brews while I can:ban:

atimmerman88 said:
Whew Multi-Quote

Thanks guys!

We are super excited.

My wife is 41 weeks today so we're a little over cooked!

Oh and on to my DIPA, gotta enjoy a few brews while I can:ban:

I remember sitting there, behind the little curtain, watching her get shook around. The anesthesiologist asked me if I was ok with blood, I said yes, she said stand up. Holy crap! That was wild and a little freaky seeing him halfway out of her.

image-1150793606.jpg

Hopsecutioner.

Back