Containers can't Contain!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOB

Reaction score
I decided to cut back and move my first year container hops today to get them ready to move inside for the winter. I expected them to be somewhat rooted into the ground (i.e. maybe some loose thin roots) but not these big guys that were directly under the pots!!! I tried ripping the remaining roots out by hand but cant get them to budge.

picture_0402.jpg

picture_0412.jpg

You can see there is the big root and another one to the right.
I am moving them out to my parents farm next spring but it looks like I might have some hops at home again next year too. Does this look like enough to grow back next year??

They want to grow and help make beer. I think it's that great Ohio soil. The big question is what will you do with them next year.

I plan on letting them grow and see what happens. I'll still move the root ball in the containers out to the farm but maybe now I'll have 4 plants instead of 2!

I'm down in Texas this week for work so I cant go look but I would have to say they will not come back up. Early this spring I went at the roots pretty good with a shovel. I changed my mind on letting them grow...

If I wouldnt have dug them up I would guess that, yes, they would have grown back.

Latest posts

Back