Spider Bite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Well, it's not often that I get that "I'm gonna throw up" feeling just from watching a movie or video---my stomach is pretty steadfast, and all those eps of fear factor don't faze me. But this...

The more I watch, the worse I get. I'm starting to salivate like you do right before you vomit. :(

Okay, enough suspense...Check it out!

It looked nasty... but I think he had a fly lay eggs in a wound or scratch. Near the end it looked like he pulled a worm out. Good one Evan!

the_Roqk said:
It looked nasty... but I think he had a fly lay eggs in a wound or scratch. Near the end it looked like he pulled a worm out. Good one Evan!

WOW. You made it all the way to the end?!?

woot

coolest thing Ive seen all day. He should of pushed a bit harder and had all that **** come out at once

That wasn't a bite, and it wasn't any sort of parasitism. That was a large cutaneous abscess, and the wormy stuff is just fibrinous necrotic material. That's probably community acquired Methicillin Resistent Staph Aureus, and he needs that thing Incised, drained, and packed, and put on appropriate antibiotics.

I drain those things in my ER all the time (at least a half dozen a week).

Just thought I'd set the record straight.

Biermann said:
That wasn't a bite, and it wasn't any sort of parasitism. That was a large cutaneous abscess, and the wormy stuff is just fibrinous necrotic material. That's probably community acquired Methicillin Resistent Staph Aureus, and he needs that thing Incised, drained, and packed, and put on appropriate antibiotics.

Word. About time someone who knew what the hell was going on chimed in. I've heard spider bite, spider eggs, fly eggs...

Hey, a bit off-topic, but does anyone remember this awesome urban legend? I used to gross SO many people out with that. Same goes for the old "puss-filled chicken sandwich tumor".

Urban Legends roxxorz :rockin:

Biermann said:

I can second that....I'm a nurse at Camp Pendleton, and I see Marines ALL THE TIME that come out of the field with abcesses from MRSA....that stuff is all over the barracks. They all say, "It just started out as a pimple!" The difference is that marines have people in charge who MAKE them go to the hospital; unlike this ******* and his friends. Even though this was a pretty entertaining video, that dude could probably die from that if untreated......

Biermann said:

I will third that, but the PA at the ER that I worked in did 4-6 daily. Worst one I saw was on a woman's hip, and about .5 liters of fluid came gushing out. The smell was awful...

Fun stuff

That's disgusting and that gentlemen is the epitome of stupid. I don't like going to the doctor as much as anyone else, but at some point you have to say "I care more about my face than a fear of the doctor or how much it will cost."

Unfortunately, with the way insurance is I'm sure there are plenty of people who do this stuff every day because they don't want to take on the debt of a doctor visit.

ScubaSteve said:
I can second that....I'm a nurse at Camp Pendleton, and I see Marines ALL THE TIME that come out of the field with abcesses from MRSA....that stuff is all over the barracks. They all say, "It just started out as a pimple!" The difference is that marines have people in charge who MAKE them go to the hospital; unlike this ******* and his friends. Even though this was a pretty entertaining video, that dude could probably die from that if untreated......

I've seen some people get septic from those things. . . He should have had that thing I&D'd.

Of course, I should talk. . .I had one on my neck-- I Incised and Drained it myself, and put myself on Bactrim. . . . of course, though, I have a license to do that.

Sometimes, not having the current Flash is a good thing. Fire ant bites are bad enough.

So when would one use the contents of that in a a brew? At 15 minutes left in the boil for flavor AND aroma, or would you dry-puss for 2 weeks in secondary? :drunk:

Hopleaf said:
"the wormy stuff is just fibrinous necrotic material"

I just threw up in my mouth.

hmmmm. . .fibrinous necrotic material. . . . . mmmmmmmmm. .

I didn't gag at all at this. . .of course, when you are in a practice where you have to cut these damned things open on a regular basis, it doesn't make you sick. . .its all desensitization. .

Pelvic exams do the same thing, but in a different way.

It surely has affected my marriage. . ..

Biermann said:
I've seen some people get septic from those things. . . He should have had that thing I&D'd.

Of course, I should talk. . .I had one on my neck-- I Incised and Drained it myself, and put myself on Bactrim. . . . of course, though, I have a license to do that.

Totally. Especially with all the lymphatics and blood vessels that run through the face. That dude's lucky if he doesn't need plastic surgery. BUT....you and I know that there are by far worse things out there than this....;) RDWHAHB :cross:

Back