homebrewers contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukalke

Reaction score
Hi!

I am apart of a rotary club in kingman, az and we would like to host a homebrew contest/tasting here to raise money for the club and to give some well deserved regonition to our fellow local home brewers. That being said, we are having a trouble getting a liquor license for noncommercial brewfest. So I was wondering if any of you have ever been apart of something similiar or put on an event like this? And if so, how did you get around this snag I have seemed to come across? I would really love some recommendations or some leads to those who I can talk to about this. Thank you for your time.

Lukalke

Hi!

I am apart of a rotary club in kingman, az and we would like to host a homebrew contest/tasting here to raise money for the club and to give some well deserved regonition to our fellow local home brewers. That being said, we are having a trouble getting a liquor license for noncommercial brewfest. So I was wondering if any of you have ever been apart of something similiar or put on an event like this? And if so, how did you get around this snag I have seemed to come across? I would really love some recommendations or some leads to those who I can talk to about this. Thank you for your time.

Lukalke

I wish you all the luck, brother. Getting licenses/permits for anything involving alcohol...and especially alcohol and money...is like pulling teeth and can take a LONG time! If there's one thing our government is good at it's putting a stop to a good time. No one is allowed to have fun unless someone's making a profit from it!! LOL!

Get a local politician or two on board. Surely at least one city council member will endorse the effort. Once you get someone like that on board, they can usually help grease the skids to get your effort launched.

Of course, this being an election year, the quid could be to allow some politickin' to go on in the background during the event.

Also, if a portion of the proceeds are going to charity, it makes it a lot easier for the local muckety-mucks to green-light it.

Lukalke
DM me a phone number and I can bring you up to speed on my understanding of the law in AZ and where ASH currently stands.

Back