sweetening?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holygrale

Reaction score
have a 9 week old pinot noir vitners reserve kit (6gallons).....thats nearly done....still pretty tart....and ive added the po. meta. as the instructions stated, if i planed to age for longer periods....just want some suggestions on how/what to back sweeten with

grape concentrate? how much?

thanx in advnce

well it just tastes exremly dry to me (not hint of sweetness at all)....i dont want it to be really sweet either, just wanted to slightly sweeten it

also if/when i sweeten is more sorbate needed, and how much per gallon?

well it just tastes exremly dry to me (not hint of sweetness at all)....i dont want it to be really sweet either, just wanted to slightly sweeten it

also if/when i sweeten is more sorbate needed, and how much per gallon?

Well, I wouldn't sweeten pinot noir (since it's a dry table wine), but if you really want to, you could use sorbate in the amount of 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of wine, dissolved in some of the wine then added to the whole batch. You will want to make sure that you have an adequate amount of sulfites, since they work better together.

I personally don't like the taste of sorbate, so I would caution you about sweetening a wine that is designed to be dry, and using sorbate (which does have a taste, even if slight).

Back