Interrupted in middle of brewing - did I mess it up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memphisbrewmeister

Reaction score
Using a kit. Steeped the grains and mixed in my malt (never got to a full boil) when I got a phone call. Had to leave (tossed the pot in the fridge) and starting it up again the next day. Any chance this isn't a messed up batch?

It'll be fine, RDWHAHB.

It might be a bit sour though, and it might be even more sour and even tanniny if you left the steeping grains in the wort overnight.

At the end of the day, though, it won't kill you, it'll give you a buzz, and it'll be beer.

How did it smell/ look after you took it out? If it seemed to be ok i'd just let it go and see what happens. As long as you got a good boil going the second day you should have killed off anything that might have gotten in there. Hope it works out for ya.

Appreciate the help

Smells fine now and didn't leave the grains in there. In the process of bringing it to a boil now. It's an IPA FWIW.

Back