All Grain cheery wheat, what type of cherries and how much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwing7486

Reaction score
Hey All,

Looking for a little input on my first cherry wheat. I will be using 10lbs worth of gains for my mash and 1oz cascade at 45 mins for boil.....during my secondary i wanted to add some fresh cherries into my carboy. The question is how many pounds and what kind? any input would be great....also my boil volume will be around 7 gallons and will add to primary at about 6ish gallons.

Hey All,

Looking for a little input on my first cherry wheat. I will be using 10lbs worth of gains for my mash and 1oz cascade at 45 mins for boil.....during my secondary i wanted to add some fresh cherries into my carboy. The question is how many pounds and what kind? any input would be great....also my boil volume will be around 7 gallons and will add to primary at about 6ish gallons.

Do a search for oregon cherry puree and a can(3#) in the secondary should do it

If you want to use fresh, add at least 10# of macerated tart cherries. If you want a more noticeable cherry flavor, go with 15#. If you want to use puree, what oldbrew suggested would work just fine.

Back