Wny hbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawleyFarms

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I've been going to an awesome HBS in Arcade, NY that has a pretty good selection of wine supplies and kits. A bit pricey but the guy that runs it is personable, and will shoot the breeze with you for as long as you'll let him and will take offense if you don't visit the winery to sample anything he's got bottled. Very smart when it comes to wines. Very few beer supplies.

Also been to Angotti Beverage in Batavia, NY. Awesome beer supply inventory and great prices on carboys, etc. Not to mention their ridiculous beers of the world collection as well as all the local microbrewery beers they carry.

Headed to Geneseo tomorrow with the wife and was curious if there is an HBS there. I thought someone told me once but I can't remember. Want to get up to Sunset Hydro and Homebrew but I think Geneseo is as far as she wants to go. Anybody know of a place?

Also hoping to find some folks in or around Wyoming County that wants to get a homebrew club going. With the Main Street Winery in Arcade and the Silver Lake Brew Project opening next spring, I was thinking there would already be one.

Not familiar with much out your way, but Niagara Traditions in Tonawanda has always been a good stop for me. Burt and Matt are super friendly and helpful and they've usually got whatever I need. Lets do Wine and Beer on Transit seems pretty nice as well - I've only been there once as it is a bit out of the way for me.

Off topic - but are you part of the Hawley Family that is starting up New York Craft Malt? If so - good stuff! I've kicked a sack of your grain this fall and need to get out to buy some more.

Being from out here in the sticks, we only get to buffalo a couple times a year, usually for holidays as my grandparents-in-law live out that way.

I checked out NY Craft Malt since it was the first time i've heard it mentioned but I don't think we are related. Since they are in Batavia they are probably related to Assemblyman Hawley and Hawley Motors. Some where down the line though I am sure the Genesee county Hawleys and the Allegany/Wyoming county Hawleys are more than likely distant cousins.

Greetings from the Warsaw/Wyoming area... if you liked Angottis in Batavia you should go see their store in Rochester. It is HUGE...AH
Been brewing you own for I dunno three or four years now, what a great hobby.
I believe the Hawley that raises the malt is a brother of the assemblyman.

Nice to 'meet' you Vernacular! From Perry originally but living in the Hermitage area these days. Good to hear there are some other local homebrewers in the area. These days I think 'home distillers' might have us out numbered. I do wines, ciders, meads and i'm just getting into beers. Have a wickedsounding maple amber ale i'd like to try when my sap starts flowing. Also make a little apple pie, peach cobbler, rumtopf and blackberry brandy for giving away to family and friends during the holidays.

It has been probably around 8 years since since I've been up to beers of the world. But from what I remember the place is enormous. Now that I'm getting a little more into brewing I'm going to have to take a trip up there.

Any chance you'd be interested in a homebrew club? I'm headed to Main Street Winery this week to get a capper and some other supplies. Planning on talking to Ken to see if he or any customers of his have any interest in a club. Tried reaching out to Silver Lake Brewing Project but have not heard back. Probably extremely busy getting everything ready for opening this spring.

I have thought about a local club. However, my employment precludes my being a reliable or productive part of something like that.

You mentioned the main st. winery? Would that be the place on main in arcade near the a&a rr?

If you do get to the Rochester area, check out Sunset Hydroponics and Home Brewing. Locations in Henrietta, Greece, Rochester, Victor, Syracuse, and Big Flats.
:mug:

Thanks for the tip Mike, some day I'll get back up to Rochester. Even though when I was growing up going to the big city meant rochester, my wife's family's thinks that means buffalo so we never really head much closer to rochester than geneseo. Went to Angotti in Batavia and was kind of disappointed at they way they store their yeast. Room temp and unsorted, behind the counter in plastic boxes. I heard that beers of the world will ship out to Angotti but if I wanted hassle I'd just order all my yeast online.

I have thought about a local club. However, my employment precludes my being a reliable or productive part of something like that.

You mentioned the main st. winery? Would that be the place on main in arcade near the a&a rr?

Yes, Main St Wines & Supplies is right across from the Main St Grille. They have a tasting room off of the supplies room and then their winery outback of the tasting room.
Unfortunately, I have the same problem as you, I work full time for a large commercial potato farm, as well as running my own small organic CSA. I would love to see a local club but at best I could only be really involved for a few months between harvest and planting.

Hey there... me again. I have heard through the grape vine that the Amber Lantern in Warsaw will be brewing soon. I also heard that the is a growing interest in a club of sorts, I think I'm gonna check that out because it is so close to home.

Hey there... me again. I have heard through the grape vine that the Amber Lantern in Warsaw will be brewing soon. I also heard that the is a growing interest in a club of sorts, I think I'm gonna check that out because it is so close to home.

Hey Vern! Haven't been down to check out the Amber since they got their license but hoping to make it down there as harvest winds down.

Any more news of a club? I have been trying to drum up some interest but not a lot of luck. I think my dad and his girlfriend would be interested as they have been doing some ciders, wine and mead.

Just bottled up 9 gallons of beer and wine that have been sitting since spring with no time. Hoping to start a couple batches this weekend.

Back